From years of reading about how to be a better human, I’ve gathered some key pointers that I’d like to share with you; like most real wisdom, they are simple, profound and similar:
from Mr. Joseph Stephenson, Creative Healing founder
1. “Eat when you are hungry, and eat only as much as you need”
2. “Sleep when it is dark”
3. “Live as closely to nature as possible”
4. “Tell the truth”
from the Four Agreements by Don Miguel Luis
“1. be impeccable”…say only your truth, and live it as best you can.
“2. don’t take anything personally”…what people say and do is about them, not about you
“3. don’t assume”….don’t try to second guess what someone else means or does.
“4. do your best”…. knowing that you are changeable and not always as impeccable as you might want to be. forgive yourself for being human.
from dr. deepak chopra, the seven spiritual laws of success
1. “the source of all creation is pure consciousness…pure potentiality seeking expression from the un-manifest to the manifest. when we realize that our true self is one of pure potentiality, we align with the power that manifests everything in the universe.
2. the universe operates through dynamic exchange…giving and receiving are different aspects of the flow of energy in the universe. and in our willingness to give that which we seek, we keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives.
3. every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind…what we sow is waht we reap. and when we choose actions that bring happiness and success to others, the fruit of our karma is happiness and success.
4. nature’s intelligence functions with effortless ease…with carefreeness, harmony, and love. and when we harness the forces of harmony, joy, and love, we create success and good fortune with effortless ease.
5. inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment…intention and desire in the field of pure potential have infinite organizing power.
6. in detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty…in the wisdom of uncertainty lies the freedom from our past, from the known, which is the prison of past conditioning. and in our willingness to step into the unknown, the field of all possibilities, we surrender ourselves to the creative mind that orchestrates the dance of the universe.
7. everyone has a purpose in life…a unique gift or special talent to give to others. and when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals.”
the “ten commandments” from message from forever by marlo morgan:
1.” express your individual creativity
2. realize that you are accountable.
3. before birth you agreed to help others.
4. mature emotionally. (honor and express your emotions, laugh, tell the truth.)
6. be a steward of your energy.
7. indulge in music.
8. strive to achieve wisdom.
9. learn self-discipline. (listen to your heart).
10. observe without judging.